Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Travel is good for the soul





Im one step closer to going to Vietnam. Well, almost. I at least got my passport application filled out. Hoping to turn it into the post office tomorrow. Tom and I would love to go and see his moms side of the family. This is the first step to ful-filling a wish to travel to Asia, and it would be so incredible to do it with my favorite person.
San Fransisco with Elizabeth was exhausting, beautiful, and all sorts of fun. I'll admit, as much as I missed my boys, I was sad to leave.
Elizabeth and I have known each other since we were 11 or 12. We used to spend every weekend together. We would fight, cry, smoke, make-up, listen to Siouxie and The Banshees together. She always seemed so much older and wiser than me. I was sad when she moved to Colorado. I wasnt sure how the trip would end up, but we had a blast. She was very sympathetic to the fact that I dont EVER walk up hill or go outside very often to be honest. I had a hard time with all the walking, the heat the first day, the freezing cold the 3rd day, wimped out and hailed a cab a couple of times, but my god we saw so much, it was worth the aches and pains and sore feet. She showed me parts of San Fransisco that I hadnt seen before and finally... At last... I saw REDWOOD TREES!!!!!! So beautiful, so amazingly tall. I feel so alive when Im smack dab in the middle of nature. I have no regrets, every moment was beautiful and filled a void that up until recently I was unable to fill. I needed to recharge, I needed to reconnect with my best friend that has known me for most of my life.
I love you Elizabeth!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

amy said...

I'm so happy you had that time together.

Steph said...

I really did have a blast, I want to go back soon.