Tuesday, March 30, 2010

When you are embarrassed by a family member











So being the recluse that I am, I decided to have a "game night" with friends. ( My way of being social in my own environment) I chose Pictionary. Amy and Mark came by. We had wine, pizza, beer, hookah, and "Charlie the bi-polar dog" I at first put him outside. Amy insisted we bring him in. I knew we might have issues. Sure enough, Charlie does what he does best. He puts on the sweet innocent overly-excited dog act, then..... The other Charlie emerges. I have to say, I am very bonded with Charlie, and think that if anyone would have a crazy dog with a myriad of issues it seems fitting that it would be me. Anyway, he growled, barked, showed his teeth, and wagged his tail all at the same time. It can be embarrassing at times, but we still managed to have fun regardless.

4 comments:

amy said...

His anxiety is, well, strange...but then again we are all strange. I think it was worth having him inside...he is sweet as long as you don't make eye contact. He's like those guys that wash your windows at the TJ border..."don't make eye contact!!!"

Steph said...

Yeah, when I tell people not to make eye contact, they are shocked that when they do he growls. Its the same as when you tell someone NOT to do something, it makes them want to do it more for the sake of curiosity. Im just going to tell people, "whatever you do, look him in the eyes and dont look away" and see what they do.

Eliz said...

Maybe you should talk to a pet psychic

Steph said...

Im thinking doggy Xanax. He just has major anxiety issues. Poor thing, he is really old and confused.