Monday, May 10, 2010

Going with the flow


In my 35 years, I have learned:

1. You cannot change the past.

2. You cannot help those who wont even attempt to help themselves.

3. You cannot change people.

4. Your children are there own beings, not what we feel they should be.

5. Motherhood is the hardest job ever.

6. Admitting you need help is not a sign of weakness.

7. For as many shady people there are in this world, there are twice as many good hearted people.

8. Just saying "I wish I would have"... is pointless, you didnt, move on, end of story.

9. Depression is anger reversed.

10. Family is paramount.

11. Taking the easy way out never pays off in the long run.

12. As my dear nurse friend Renee once told me, "Stop swimming up stream" its a lot easier to let go and let the pieces fall where they may.

3 comments:

Eliz said...

Your art and photos are simply amazing. Wow YOUare the true artist here!
I had to say the last one hit me, been struggling a lot lately with how I wish things were or could be so that is my new mantra
let go and let the pieces fall where they may..
It feels good to say that to myself

Steph said...

Yep,go with the flow. Do you remember when you read a self help book in like 6th grade and your saying was "stop resisting what it"
So funny, Maybe these are lessons to be learned in our thirties.
Oh and I finished the drawing on the plane trip to Vegas, I draw more to relive stress and boredom.

amy said...

Sometimes, just sometimes, the 'what if's' help us know and understand how we want our life to play out. ie...anytime I'm frusterated with things in my life I 'what if' am think about being stuck in my first marriage and I am instantly in a better mood.