Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Im a gardening fool







I want a Zen garden. My idea of a Zen garden is a fountain of some kind so I can sit outside and listen to the soothing sounds of water. I also would like an unlimited supply of Bamboo and shade, pretty stones, maybe a Koi pond, teak furniture, umbrellas that don't break off when its windy, and a hammock. I should add that I am the only person I know that can kill a cactus. I'm still not giving up, even though I live in a desert and cannot have Bamboo and a Koi pond, I do love sitting outside and reading. Lately, Ive been planting drought tolerant plants and doing little things to make my own Zen garden in the desert. Yesterday, I made friends with a dragonfly, he even let me get close enough to take a picture. The funny thing is, its almost as if he held still so I could get a clear shot of him and all his colorful beauty. This put a smile on my face, I have a thing for Dragonflies, and he made my Zen garden complete.






2 comments:

Eliz said...

It's beautiful! I love you!!!

amy said...

I will now call you dragonfly hunter...