Monday, September 06, 2010

Never say never.

I swore I wouldn't marry again, but my feelings changed once I believed that a marriage doesn't always have to end in divorce. Now that our date is approaching, I'm getting anxious and excited. The wedding theme we chose was inspired by Toms Asian roots. So we are having Vietnamese food that his mom is going to help cook, fortune cookies, little pink take-out boxes to hold candy from our candy buffet and pretty pink tea light holders as gifts for our guests. My next step is to find the dress. I know what I want, I just cant find it yet. I want a vintage white mod Audrey Hepburn style dress. I may just try to find a pattern and pay someone to make it. If only I was domestic and knew how to sew, I could find all sorts of vintage dress patterns and sell them on Etsy. Oh well, I'm still young and have time to learn these things.


Perfect, I just need it in white.

Water bottles with our names on it, along with the date

Cherry blossom labels for our take-out boxes

The fortunes say "Til death do us part" on half, and the other half has Tom and Steph with the date

candles in pretty little bags for the guests.

The parasol I got in China Town gives me inspiration.

2 comments:

Eliz said...

I love it!! Can't wait to be there. xoxo

Steph said...

Im so glad you are coming. The weather should be nice, and all we want is for our people to have a good time. We will eat, drink, and be merry.