Friday, February 18, 2011

Sadness

goodbye days of sewing pillows


and my idea of making condom kitties


Or leaving for spur of the moment travels


 goodbye all day paint sessions

goodbye tail-less sock monkey that I made with Toms socks.

The unemployment train has come to a screeching halt. It was fun while it lasted. I had some good times and some bad, but overall, I loved not working. I dont feel like I was ever meant to work. Sadly, I start my new job next week. I guess this is goodbye to the creative, fun, anything goes kind of lifestyle I have lived for the past couple of years. It sucks being a grown up, but I am grateful to have been a stay at home mom/starving artist/traveler/who got to take naps and read, and stay up all night, and just live life like a kid again. Back to work I go.

4 comments:

Borah said...

Love the condom kitties!

Steph said...

thanks, I thought it was a cute idea, glad someone else thought so to:)

Eliz said...

Where??? Im sorry. I always envied your carefree, artist life. Boohoo, work sucks.

Steph said...

Im doing home health now, 3 days a week 6hrs a day, not bad. I really cant complain, Im just used to not having any commitments other than dropping and picking up the boys.