Monday, June 13, 2011

C

I thought of you today. It was this morning when I took the Ramon exit. Cathedral City seems foreign to me. The only time I ever went there was to see you and M. I am a school nurse for 2 Cat city schools. Today was my first day, and as I was making my way out to the school, I drove down your old street. Then I thought of the day you finally got to move in.  I was excited, I was truly happy for you and M. That home meant a lot to me. I'm sure you never knew that, and M probably didn't understand why I was always going over there and taking baths and zoning out in your spa like tub. From the moment I walked in the door, I was always greeted with warmth. It had such a welcoming vibe. Even though we just sat on your bed watching shitty reality t.v shows, I may as well have been on a luxury yacht sailing the world because I was THAT blissed out to be there. It was a distraction from the misery I would have to go back to. I really think those days saved me and pushed me to keep moving forward even when I was to tired and just wanted to exit.
Now I look back on those days as some of the best days I ever had.
Sam brought us together, and I know he loves us being kindred spirits, if only he were here to witness it.

No comments: