Saturday, July 12, 2008

Journey to the mountains


So I never felt to much for the outdoors, until I moved away from the desert and saw actual living trees. Greenery. I get sick of dead plants, tumbleweeds, dirt, heat, and sun glaring at all times. The same way people in Alaska get S.A.D (seasonal affective disorder) I get the opposite. I am not energized in the summertime, I do not crave the sun, I do not wish to be outside in the heat. I despise it. I would much rather live in shades of grey, the smell of rain gives me energy. When it rains and I hear the crash of thunder, and see the lightening, I get so excited I want to be outside, I love to drive in the rain with the windows down and scream to the music I blare at full volume. Cant do that down here. It rarely rains. The grass is literally greener on the otherside. Oregon, Washington, even New Orleans are calling my name. I hope to one day fulfill that fantasy.
I love to pack the boys in the car and just drive. Spur of the moment, no destination in mind, and see where we end up. Those little mini-adventures just solidify the bond between us. We discovers so much about each other. I see there very different personalities come out.
Last adventure: Idlywild. Loved it. Cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy, 86 degrees, little family owned shops on every corner. The boys even got smoothies, I got my wheatgrass. Next step, we need a good hiking stick. Easy, now we roam. Wherever they want to go, I follow, I observe, Im the last in line. Steve-o sings to himself following Nick. Nick is happily the navigator. His purpose, to find water. We listen. We listen to birds, wind, and yes, we even hear water. We take a break and climb up huge boulders and lay. We each have our own. The most amazing view, of the trees, the clouds, shadiness, and a slight breeze. Heaven. I took photos, to remember. I want them to remember. I want them to appreciate how beautiful this world is. I want them to remember I took them there, I want them to remember all of our little adventures.

No comments: