Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thrifty Bitch part 2




As I said in my last post, I wanted to do what I could to make Bobs house look more organized and modern before he returned from Afghanistan. So Steveo and I went thrifting  and I found a mirror. 14 bucks later I brought it home. Went to Home Depot, bought sand paper $3.15, primer $3.45, red spray paint $3.95. This was my first attempt at remodeling anything and I'm rather impressed with it. It was an ugly brown with lots of scratches on it, but pretty easy to smooth out with the sand paper and primer. After that dried, I applied 2 coats of red spray paint and set it out to dry. Then I took some of my Acrylics out and added little swirls and dots. My only problem now is, I want to keep it here, afterall, it looks very Asian and thats plays into my whole Zen/Asian home decor.

No comments: